Sunday, October 21, 2007

brief introduction of SAP EXIT

You can use
transaction SE16 to display all delivered SAP Exit variables in table RSZGLOBV with the
settings OBJVERS=D, IOBJNM = and VPROCTP =4
for a characteristic. SAP Exit variables are predominately used for the variable type
characteristic value variable (VARTYP =1). The ABAP coding belonging to a SAP Exit
variable can be found in the function module RSVAREXIT_
(se37). Nevertheless, the usual SAP Exit variables for time characteristics are filled using
the BW function module RREX_VARIABLE_EXIT.
With each new SAP Exit variable, a function module must be created with the name
RSVAREXIT_. A user can view/copy the interface in the existing module
RSVAREXIT_OP_FVAEX. The module is to be created in its own function group for the
application (such as BWCO for SAPExists in the Controlling area), so that any errors do
not influence other programs.
For the interface: I_VNAM contains the variable name (redundant as already in the name
of the module), I_VARTYP, I_IOBJNM and I_S_COB_PRO give information about the
variable and the corresponding InfoObject, I_S_RKB1D and I_S_RKB1F contain
information about the query (such as fiscal year variant in I_S_RKB1F-PERIV if not a
variable) and I_THX_VAR contains the already filled values of the variables. Here you can
find where appropriate values of a variable for 0FISCVARNT providing that I_S_RKB1FPERIV
is empty. In table E_T_RANGE, only fields SIGN, OPT, LOW and HIGH are
allowed to be filled. SIGN and OPT are also to be filled for parameter or interval variables
(with I and EQ or I and BT).
The variable processing type “Customer Exit” can be used in a similar way like the SAP
Exit variables delivered by the SAP Business Content.

No comments: